There are two types of companies: those that are committed to having quality workers, responsibility at work and care about generating talent and those that prefer to have employees without further ado. Where are the differences detected? In the selection processes; while the former are looking for motivated people who fit the profile and have the sharpness and ingenuity for the position, the latter just want to replace the previous person and get the job done from day to day.
These are some of the “rules” or keys for a company to attract people who give the ideal profile for the position being offered:
1. Use marketing. It is essential to have a good company or brand image and to have the perfect strategy. It is very important that the worker feels part of the company and not a simple employee who does his job without any motivation or emphasis. The selection process is the perfect time to publicize the company’s values and develop strategies to attract talent . The company culture, as well as the vision and mission, must be transmitted to the future candidate and communicate exactly what the position needs.
2. Promote the adaptation process. Once we get that person we were looking for so much to come to the company, we have to take care of him to keep him. Therefore, in the adaptation period it is essential that new employees have the necessary people and tools to be able to take their first steps and not feel left out. The last thing we want is to make them feel like they are not part of the company.
3. Let’s be honest, salary is one of the most relevant incentives for a worker, if not the most important. Therefore, offering social benefits, as well as medical insurance, transportation, food, emotional salary or any incentive that supposes an added value to the base salary will not only make the offer more attractive, but also make them really want to be hired.
4. We live in a complex society whose rhythms can make it difficult to reconcile work and personal life. Flexibility within companies is therefore a highly valued point among staff. Therefore, promoting flexible hours, as well as promoting, whenever possible, working from home, can make talent knock on the company’s doors.
5. Training and professional career development can be key to being successful in the search for talent . We must bear in mind that workers do not want to stay in the same position forever, or, if they do, it is not appropriate, since what we are looking for is talent and motivated people who are ambitious to achieve their goals. . Offering training and supporting employees in their career path can prevent a potential brain drain.
6. We spend many hours at work, so creating a comfortable environment, having a respectful and healthy climate are factors that many workers take into account not only when looking for a job, but also when considering staying when another interesting offer comes their way. For this, companionship, teamwork and individual and group recognition must be encouraged.
The workers are the main value of the company, we must not forget it. Without them, the function of the company could not be performed. Therefore, it is necessary to attract talent and retain it through “employee engagement”.
Also Read : How To Speak In Public To Be Brilliant: 5 Tips