The use of influencer marketing has been on the rise over the past few years. But what are the benefits for a company of implementing a marketing strategy based on influencers? And what are the possible strategies?
The benefits of influencer marketing
Above all, you should know that a majority of consumers trust the recommendations of influencers, especially the new generations.
An influencer marketing campaign will therefore generate engagement, regardless of your investment and the size of your business.
This strategy will serve you, whether it is to improve the trust and opinion of your brand, to create awareness, to launch a product or to obtain conversions.
It is proven that the returns on investment of this type of strategy are much higher than those of traditional advertising.
Indeed, according to the Hubspot overview of influencer marketing figures (2019), “82% of professionals consider the leads generated by an influencer marketing campaign to be of better quality and 58% see an increase in their visibility thanks to this strategy”.
In addition, this type of marketing makes it possible to advertise on the internet by bypassing ad blockers which have developed enormously in recent years.
The only drawback that can be found in this marketing strategy is the free expression of the influencer. Thus, brands are obliged to respect the free word of influencers, even if their product receives a bad review. However, this is a downside that can be avoided by targeting influencers who share the same values and opinions as you.
The different types of possible influence strategies:
- Base your strategy on micro-influencers by considering each customer as an influencer on a more or less large scale and by offering a few products to a good number of these customers (between 100 and 500). Each “micro-influencer” will share their opinion with their community and will help you gain visibility at a low cost.
- Invite a small group of influencers (between 10 and 30) to a VIP event. During the evening, they will inevitably post about your event and your products (or services), which will give you great visibility for an evening with repercussions in the following days. However, it is a short-term strategy.
- Combine the expertise of an influencer with the promotion of the product. Ask him to test the product, analyze it and describe his feelings. The video will then appear as a testimonial that will help you gain credibility and visibility. You can do this with several influencers to establish your credibility.
- Sponsor Instagram posts or Youtube videos. By offering free products or compensation, the influencer will in exchange put your brand or product forward.
- Set up a contest through an influencer to create enthusiasm among its subscribers and gain notoriety.
- Sell by affiliation, by giving a promo code to the influencer. He will receive a commission on each sale that has been generated from his promo code. This will therefore motivate him to influence his community to buy your products.
Of course, these are only examples of strategies but there are others and it is also possible to create your own strategy by letting your creativity speak.
It’s up to you to choose the number of influencers with whom you wish to collaborate according to your expectations, your desire to expand, the strategy you wish to adopt, etc…
Time for an Influencer Marketing Campaign
There is no benchmark duration in this type of marketing and again it depends on your strategy.
According to one study, humans must be exposed 4 to 12 times to the same message to memorize it. It must therefore be repeated several times to be sure that its reach is optimal (so you should not be satisfied with a single post or a single action!).
Also Read : What Type Of Influncer For My Business?