Augmented reality is something that has been living with us for some years now. It was presented as something that could improve our entertainment and leisure , which it is, but it was immediately understood how really useful it can be. We want to show you its features , the multiple applications it has and how you can implement it in your company thanks to Artline .
What is augmented reality?
It is a type of technology that is projected through an electronic device , such as a mobile or tablet. Get an element of the virtual world to be seen in the real world .
Some of its main characteristics are: it adapts perfectly to the physical space in which it is reproduced, so it will form a more complete and real image. Everything happens in real time, the changes that the user can make are reproduced at the moment. The image is viewed in three dimensions to get a greater sense in the real world that what is being played exists.
Difference Between Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
The main difference between the two is that virtual reality completely creates a virtual scenario that takes the user away from reality. Its main objective is precisely that, that the user can move to another world . Meanwhile, as we have explained for augmented reality , it integrates elements of the virtual world into the real world and makes them fit together seamlessly.
Augmented reality types
We can find different types of augmented reality and here we want to show you some of them.
Images: any image can be used to reproduce an augmented reality. At first Qrs were used, which are codes that are scanned, but now any type of image can be scanned without the need for it to be a code specifically.
Spaces: this type of augmented reality, as it manages to detect spaces and dimensions, reproduces the reality on them. For example, you can establish routes in museums or furnish a house to see how they would look.
Location: Maps have improved a lot over the years, so we have any location at our fingertips. Reproducing augmented reality on a location can be very beneficial for the tourism or construction sector.
Advantages and disadvantages of augmented reality
Augmented reality offers many advantages , especially for companies in certain sectors. Anyway, regardless of your sector, you can include it if you know how to take advantage of it and take advantage of its opportunities.
- Teaching: augmented reality makes it possible to teach processes or tasks to both students and professionals . In different university careers it can be used to make education more complete and as close to reality as possible. The same happens with some jobs in which employees have to be taught how to perform certain tasks.
- Communication medium: mainly for companies to communicate with their customers or users. This medium can be very interactive for the client since they can participate directly in a campaign, advertisement or test and be part of it.
- Events: you can follow any type of event such as a fashion show or an automotive event from anywhere
On the other hand, we can find rather some inconveniences or difficulties that augmented reality can entail.
- It is a technology that involves a high cost since it is necessary to hire professionals who know the subject in depth to develop concrete or specific applications for your company.
- It is necessary to collect a lot of information to be able to offer the user what they are looking for and make it as real as possible since it is the main objective.
- Interpersonal relationships cannot be neglected , since this type of technology immerses us in a reality that “does not exist”.
Examples of augmented reality applications
Surgery: This technology allows surgeons to know exactly where a patient’s organs are located, their dimensions, and any body features they need to know.
Mechanics: you can learn about and observe all the components of a car, both the more mechanical ones and the accessories that can be customized.
Athletes: For both runners and cyclists who are in a gym you can enjoy new routes and different adventures.
Advertising: advertising campaigns can be achieved that are really attractive and, above all, that are not annoying to the recipients.
The universe: with certain applications, just by pointing the device towards the sky you can discover the stars, planets, constellations, etc.
Also Read : The Importance Of Graphic Design In The Company