Basic rules for publishing contributions to FB
- Stay current – don’t be afraid to react to current events in the company, use it to your advantage (sports or cultural events, statements of celebrities, society-wide topics – Covid-19,…)
- Shared posts cannot be promoted
- Do not use inflected words Facebook / Instagram in post texts – you will not run an ad for such a post
- The Canvas / Instant Experience format is only displayed on mobile
- Customize content primarily for mobile – portrait photos, square or 9:16 videos
- Try, try, try – new formats, sections…
- Interactions – communicate with your fans, ask them
We will now discuss the next 11 tips and tricks.
Social media management tips and tricks
20% text rule in graphics
Graphics or images that you publish on your Facebook page should not contain more than 20% of the text. If you do not follow this rule, Facebook may automatically reduce the reach of your post during the promotion. And in the worst case, they won’t even run your ad. That’s why we use a tool from Facebook at the agency, thanks to which we can check whether we have followed this rule.
Once a time, for example once a month, announce a contest on your site. This will not only help you increase organic intervention and brand awareness, but will also build a better relationship with your customers. However, any competition should follow the basic rules:
- Attract attention – in the graphics, or even at the beginning of the status text, state that this is a competition
- The simpler the better – don’t ask users for strenuous or lengthy activity, you’d better ask them a simple question, ask them for their opinion, let them guess
- There are no limits to creativity – but for some sites and winnings you can challenge them to be creative (let them come up with a poem, take a picture of your product,…)
- Choosing the prize is important – the prize itself should be related to your company in some way (eg if you work in the gastronomy area, the prize will not be a car ride)
- Don’t forget the rules – each competition should also have “Competition Rules”, which contain the basic rules (thanks to them you will be covered)
Don’t break the Facebook rules – you may not have heard of it yet, but among the conditions for users to participate in the competitions:
you cannot invite them to share the post
you must not ask them to like your FB page,
You may not ask them to tag their friends in a comment or photo.
you cannot ask them to use responses (like, heart, thumbs down,…) to choose from multiple options (responses can only be used in statuses to truly express emotions).
If you are dealing with “ads related to politics or issues of national importance” on Facebook, you need to authorize. The process consists of a few simple steps. First of all, you should be the administrator of the FB site directly, not through the Business Manager. Then, in the page settings, you will find the “Authorization” box in the left bar, where you will follow these steps:
- You select the country of origin and enter the phone number.
- Write the code from the verification SMS message in the free field.
- You will upload an identity document (you have several options to choose from – ID card, passport, driver’s license, marriage certificate,…).